Please just stop. Stop acting like you’re a part of the Christian faith. You’re making Christianity look bad.
Let’s define nominal:
existing or being something in name or form only (Merriam-Webster).
Given that definition, this amounts to nothing more than a No True Scotsman fallacy. You’re basically saying “Dear [Christians by name only] [p]lease just stop.” And so on. In my experience, every Christian has the potential to make Christianity look bad. All of the Christians I’ve come across hate the fact that their beliefs are questioned; some of them take that a step further and hate the fact that their denomination is questioned. I know Christians who are prouder to be Pentecostal than they are to be Christian; the same can be said of Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists, Seventh Day Adventists, etc. In any case, your kind of arrogance is appalling. You’re self-righteous and you’re alienating rather than edifying; therefore, someone can turn around and consider you a nominal Christian. I get it; you probably prayed an hour or two and felt “spiritual” enough to make these statements. Get off the high horse; you’re not better than your brethren. Christianity looks bad. Period. End of story. No one person can be blamed; no one denomination or illusory sub-group (i.e. nominal Christians) can be blamed. Start by looking in the mirror.
Decon dropping truth bombs.
- hablehdiddybleh reblogged this from divineirony
- theeversobeautifulchaos likes this
- earthforeigner likes this
- quixylvre likes this
- divineirony reblogged this from deconversionmovement and added:
- sketchmedesire likes this
- vbros likes this
- vertabrae likes this
- deconversionmovement reblogged this from johnnyis and added:
- lol-shenanigans likes this
- lol-shenanigans reblogged this from doctor-remus-giles
- imperfectspring likes this
- real-lifemusic likes this
- ixyra said: Thank yoouu. “What denomination are you?” “None. Just Christian.” “Ya but like what denomination?” “…They don’t exist…” “Well what’s your church?” “Assembly of God” “So…what denomination…?” *scream*
- ixyra likes this
- thechristopherglen likes this
- fallingintohisgrace reblogged this from doctor-remus-giles
- doctor-remus-giles reblogged this from johnnyis
- sweetlysublime likes this
- osuphantom reblogged this from livingthroughgrace and added:
- whisperediloveyous reblogged this from johnnyis
- livingthroughgrace reblogged this from johnnyis
- denyandfollow likes this
- jonthebomb likes this
- serendipitousteenager likes this
- saruhhowl reblogged this from johnnyis
- evenso-itiswell said: Unfortunately, I’ve discovered that some are so spiritually blind that they actually DO believe they are part of the Christian faith.
- evenso-itiswell likes this
- itsmebethanyy likes this
- consciousandthinking likes this
- jakita18 said: What is Nominal Christians ?
- sincerelysbp likes this
- infinitepraise likes this
- imsavedbyhisgrace reblogged this from johnnyis
- mikestoleyobike likes this
- a-poetofsorts likes this
- mustach-yooo-lobster reblogged this from johnnyis
- johnnyis posted this